Planning & Decision Making
– Takes a medium to long term perspective with regard to security planning. Requires weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting.
– Requires flexibility due to the constant change in business trends.
– Build in the provision for adjustment in planning and operationalisation of ideas to ensure plans are practical and in line with business objectives.
-Advise and influence critical decision making based on statistical information, predictive trends, SWOT analysis.
– Quick to assimilate and integrate new information.
– Monitor changes in the operating environment and quick to act on potential opportunities.
– Able to weigh various alternatives and take the initiative within limits of authority
– Design and implement SOP’s
– Monitoring and managing security systems, information and equipment timeously
– Assess the daily operations and management system to identify Security risks and develop action plans to mitigate risk
– Review serious incident cases, conduct root cause analysis, analyze investigation reports and drive team to implement corrective measures
– Keep abreast of industry best practices and regulations around Security protocols, benchmark internal processes periodically and identify avenues to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Security mechanism in the organization
– Liaise with government security officials to provide information, facilitate inspections and resolve Security related queries
– Lead security and risk assessment of new infrastructure, conduct due-diligence, provide approvals and ensure adherence to all organizational security norms.
-Develop plans for security activities
– Compile sound analytical and systematic reports, Analyse monthly Ops Risk & Compliance.
-Supervision of installation of Security equipment, Access control, CCTV, Alarms, Fire detection.
-Regular site visits.
-Investigate material losses and near misses
– Required to analyse statistical security data, develop, and recommend solutions that span the inherent complexity, scope and magnitude of the problem.
-Solutions will be based on required research and an innovative approach towards idea generation
– A longer-term perspective is applied to problems faced and preventive measures are initiated, for example, the conducting of trend or root cause analysis.
– Continuous thorough needs and SWOT analysis to be conducted.
– Comprehensiveness of Security framework
– Improvement in security ratings / focus areas
– Time Specific execution
– Ability to resolve issues
– Adherence to timelines for initiatives
– Effectiveness of Safety trainings