• Prepare, review and evaluate credits and allied activities to deliver agreed targets.
• Partner Relationship Management Teams to maximize credit opportunities for existing and potential Commercial Banking clients by offering suggestions and alternative credit management solutions.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with pre-disbursement conditions for approved credits within their portfolio before signing-off for actual disbursement
• Support Relationship Management Teams to maintain a high quality credit portfolio with zero cost of credit through adherence to risk management policies and procedures.
• Maintain risk alertness, recognize and report adverse business cycles or early warning signals across the Commercial Banking market.
• Ensure satisfactory ratings in internal and external audits by complying with credit policies, procedures as well as regulatory requirements on credit delivery.
• Contribute to a high-performance environment by living service behaviours that deliver world-class corporate credit support to Relationship Management Teams and customers.
• Pursue self-development by identifying personal development and training needs and taking steps to build capacity
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
• Turnaround time in service delivery
• Consistency and frequency of customer satisfaction
• Business growth and profitability
• Proficiency in Data Entry
• Working knowledge in credit risk management is critical.
• Excellent knowledge in banking operations, compliance, general banking rules, regulations & procedures and policies & processes.
• Strong analytical and Problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills, i.e. writing, presenting and listening skills.
• Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
• Strong leadership and decision making skills.
• Ability to handle pressure, manage change effectively and work in a dynamic environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
• Results oriented with drive to exceed set targets and the initiative necessary to take on new responsibility.
• Proficient computing skills (i.e. Word, Excel, and Power Point).
• Demonstration of excellent work ethics
• Excellent Team player capable of building effective relationship.
• Proven ability to deliver excellent customer service with passion
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• Proven ability to pay attention to detail.
SCOPE OF THINKING:
• Ability to interpret laid down instructions and policies
• Ability to identify the changing dynamics of the business environment and quickly react to them.
• Ability to identify when and to whom difficult customers should be referred.
• A minimum first degree in any relevant subject or field
• A minimum of 3 years direct experience in banking with some focus on credit risk management and structuring of credit deals.