1. Assist the CFO in building up a robust finance function for the company
2. Member of the QuickBooks project team responsible for resolving all QuickBooks related issues.
3. Ensure the day-to-day accounting transactions of payments, receipts, sales and purchases, production, other miscellaneous expenses and inventory accounting are entered into QuickBooks on a daily basis.
4. Preparation, maintenance and updating of the Fixed Assets Register
5. Preparation of Half year and Annual Budgets and consolidation thereof, and analysis of variances based on actual vs. budgeted & actual vs. targets
6. Scrutinizing all the QuickBooks ledger accounts at regular intervals.
7. Passing regular journal entries, making month-end provisions, month-end closings and preparation of Monthly Profit and Loss account ((Management Reports) to submit to the CEO and CFO.
8. Responsible for the preparation of monthly VAT returns and any other statutory /free zone returns pertaining to the business as and when required.
9. Responsible for ensuring that SSNIT, PAYE and other regulatory/ statutory payments are made on time for the company
10. Responsible for checking the integrity and accuracy of the monthly payroll for the company before payment each month.
11. Preparation and generation of monthly Management reports by work day each month.
12. Assist the CEO and CFO in implementing controls in the different departments within the company
13. Train junior accountants on best accounting and business practices
14. Assist the CFO in developing the financial team into a highly motivated, self -managed unit
15. Act as Team lead in the weekly team leaders’ meetings
16. Work closely with the HR & Admin department to ensure compliance with all company wide administrative systems, procedures and policies.
17. Any other work assigned by the CEO &/or CFO
First Degree in Accounting or a Finance related course
Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a related role
Ability to use Quick Books