A Mining Company is seeking to recruit a dynamic, results-oriented, passionate and self-motivated candidate with high ethical values for the position of Mining Manager.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, this position will involve:
· Adequately involved in the tendering and bidding processes for on-site mining contractor. Scope, mine plan, block model and tender document being drafted under leadership of the Australian office [Using Golder and CRMP]
· Planning of open-pit mining activities, Mine Plan and Block Plan
· Preparation of annual budget and management of it thereof.
· Monitoring production output and costs and adjusting processes and resources to minimize costs.
· Planning details of production activities in terms of output quality and quantity, cost, time available and labour requirements.
· Grade control shared responsibility with the resource manager
· Develop SOPs for all mining-related activities and pit dewatering.
· Liaise with related departments and services to support construction and production planning
Ensuring and controlling the preparation of production records and accurate reports on daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
Responsible for organizing daily, weekly, and monthly meetings with selected mining contractor and related departments
Contractor Management and budget control (Opex and Capex).
Ensuring and coordinating the implementation of the highest level of health and safety requirements in mining department and extend to sitewide.
Proactively developing and implementing quality systems, approaches and practices as needed.
Proactively managing mining supplier(s) and vendor(s).
Ensuring life of mine planning whilst overseeing all controls and allocation of capital expenditure for construction and operational management.
Researching and implementing regulatory and statutory requirements affecting mineral extraction operations and the environment.
Be responsible for Mincom and other Governmental quarterly and annual reports as required
Overseeing the selection, training, and performance of staff.
Education, Skills & Experience
BSc in Mining Engineering. MSc. in Mining Engineering preferable
Mincom Certified Mining Manager
Mining Engineering with 15 or more years’ experience and a minimum of 8 years in senior management level.
Minimum 10 Years of open pit mining experience
Experience working with surface mining contractor
Strong experience in setting standards and procedures for open pit mining operation.
Knowledge of major mining products suppliers and service providers.
Experience as owner miner with track records of supervisory roles on contract mining operation
GIS / Map info
Surpac / Datamine/ Micomine
ERP systems – SAP etc.
Green Field Project Management Experience- specific to starting a fresh open pit operation