The Operations Supervisor is responsible for managing field operatives to deliver services to clients. He is required to train, monitor, and supervise employees to assure quality control, safety, and security of project sites on an ongoing basis. This job requires comprehensive knowledge of facility management, project management, cleaning and disinfection protocols, environmental compliance regulations and safety/security protocols.
1. Assists the Operations Manager with oversight of the daily activities related to service delivery to clients including resource allocation.
2. Assess project risk and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
3. Assigns tasks and work schedules to team members as needed.
4. Lead and support team members on day-to-day execution of assigned activities across all job orders
5. Routinely inspects project sites for completeness to make sure all employees are following established processes and procedures to attain customer satisfaction.
6. Ensures all employees follow all safety policies and procedures and always maintain security of key assignments and ensure any updates or notices are communicated to all team members
7. Addresses operational requests and complaints with a sense of urgency and positive interface with the customer.
8. Ensure supplies are available to the employees for them to complete their assigned tasks.
9. Reporting maintenance issues to superior as required.
10. Provide maintenance support when needed.
11. Be available after normal office hours and weekends for emergency response situations
12. Provide project paperwork and timecards for the Operations Manager’s review.
13. Basic administration duties as required by either the Admin Officer or Operations Manager.
14. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Oversee assigned job sites to ensure regulatory compliance
2. Proactively identify areas of operational improvements for the attention of the Operations Manager
3. Ensure team adheres to safety systems, processes, and procedures to maintain the highest levels of health, safety, quality, and environmental performance throughout the company (client sites and offices)
4. Perform hazard analysis and safety audits as required.
The Operations Supervisor must be energetic, disciplined, and self-motivated and willing to work in the trenches with his team to deliver the best of services to the client.
● A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Operations Management, Environmental Sciences, or closely related field
● 1-2 years post-qualification experience in Operations Management or closely related fields
● Ability to effectively supervise and develop assigned team to meet service goals while adhering to safety policies and rules.
● Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
● Demonstrated leadership, organizational, reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills.
● Very good customer service skills.
● Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team, customers and public.
● Intermediate computer literacy including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet, software.
● Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation.
● Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
● Ability to establish priorities and troubleshoot operational problems.
● Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
● Good working knowledge of the environmental industry best practices and associated government regulatory procedures
● Passionate about protecting the environment from industry impacts and applying science and technology to achieve better outcomes
● Solid understanding of safety regulations such as OSHA and MSHA and a willingness to expand your EH&S knowledge
● At least 2 years driving experience with an excellent driving record and up to date Driving License will be a plus.
● Ability to be discreet and maintain high levels of confidentiality
● Authorized to work in Ghana
● Willingness to take on new challenges and upgrade skills via training when necessary to handle new task
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Utilizing keyboard
• Viewing computer screen
• Bending, kneeling, stooping, squatting, and reaching
• May require climbing ladders and/or step stools
• Standing and walking
• Maneuvering in and around the worksite
• This position is required to work outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions
• Must be able to work outdoors in various climates for up to 12 hours
• Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds on an occasional basis
• Must be able to climb steps and ladders
• Must have the ability to work, walk, and stand on uneven surfaces for long periods of time
• Should have the ability to use basic hand tools and company’s equipment
• DISL Managers are “in field” leaders. You will be mostly working outdoors and must be able jump in and help team members lift and move a minimum of 40 pounds.
As is the nature of the environmental business, you will frequently be required to wear PPE, including respirators and protective clothing
There are direct reports with this position. Interfaces with Sales & Marketing and Customer Engagement
Some of the work is performed in a normal office environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise. The remainder of the work is on client sites with specialized needs for safety, security, and environmental control.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.