Organise workflow to meet specifications.
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly production plans.
• Determine the minimum stock level for production and request for stocks from logistics to avoid shortage of raw & packaging materials.
• Ensure servicing and maintenance of equipment at production by coordinating with maintenance personnel.
• Prepare and monitor production cost for the company products.
• Oversee all production expenditure for smooth operations
• Train all production workers in areas such as personal hygiene, health and safety, fire drills etc.
• Liaise with logistics at all times on client orders and requests for raw and packaging materials.
• Provide the logistics team with specific dimensions and quantities of raw and packaging materials required for production.
• Submit report on all monthly, weekly and daily production activities, including forecast for the following month, week and day.
• Develop, implement and review health and safety procedures that affect productions.
• Monitoring all operations that affect quality by ensuring that workers adhere to quality standards.
• Ensure all production processes meet quality and industry standards.
• Ensure manufacturing process run in a smooth, cost-effective and timely manner.
• Conduct qualitative analysis on raw materials to ensure that they meet quality local and international standards.
• Follow-up on GSA and FDA certifications to ensure the company is in good standing at all times with regulatory bodies.
• Conduct regular production audit and recommend improvements to ensure that products meet the agreed specifications of raw materials.
• Develop proper documentation system on all products, procedures and processes.
• Review production plans and ensure they meet sales demands.
• Investigate all quality issues that would be reported by the sales team.
• Conduct Quarterly training for all staff.
• Degree in Food Science or related program from a recognised Tertiary institution.
• A Master’s Degree in Food Science is an added advantage.
• Six (6) years’ experience in a related role with at least four (4) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
• A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory role.
• Ability to use MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to analyse figures and product results and ensure products meet quality standards.