• Manage and develop tax systems within the company to ensure quality service is provided to all stakeholders and customers in terms of tax in accordance with company procedures.
• Manage tax audits for entities.
• Tax effect accounting – responsible for overseeing the monthly/half-year audit/annual audit tax effect accounting (incl, tax forecast) for Ghana entities.
• Develop a TP policy and ensuring that all related party transactions between the entities are carried out in accordance with the company’s transfer policies
• Maintenance of TP documentation.
• Responsible for recommending systems and process improvements to enhance the capturing of tax data required to meet tax compliance obligations for all the entities.
• Work with tax advisers in Ghana on the tax implications of certain transactions carried out by the entities
• Ensure that company entities tax processes and procedures are adhered to by all the entities.
• Ensure that all tax compliances (i.e. income tax returns, VAT returns, WHT returns etc.) obligations for all the entities are lodged on a time whilst maintaining content accuracy.
• Ensure that for all the entities, deadlines for monthly tax effect reporting, half-year audit tax effect and full year audit tax effect reporting are met and are in accordance with tax accounting policies.
• Ensure that all tax related projects for the entities are completed on a timetable agreed with Finance Manager
• Working effectively in a team environment.
• Compliance with all tax regulations and laws.
• CA/CPA qualified with a recognized tax qualification.
• Experience in either tax practice (i.e., Big 4 accounting firm) in Ghana or an in-house tax role in Ghana with a multinational organization in Ghana
• Minimum 8 years of experience in a similar position, including 5 years in Mining sector.
• Fluent in English
• Exposure to income tax/VAT software products would be helpful
• Exposure to ERP system
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Team player skills